When GF Laser first started business in 2006 Fiber lasers were yet to make their mark on the laser cutting industry. Fast forward 17 years and, as far as I know, none of the major laser cutting machine manufacturers such as Trumpf and Bystronic offer a CO2 laser.
So, what are the advantages of Fiber laser cutting machines.
Fiber laser cutting machines offer several advantages over traditional CO2 machines, including:
- Faster cutting speed: Fiber lasers can cut at much faster speeds than other cutting methods, which makes them ideal for large-scale industrial applications.
- High precision: Fiber lasers have a smaller spot size and more accurate beam control, which allows for more precise cuts and cleaner edges. This allows GF Laser to offer tolerances of +/- 0.1mm compared to the +/- 0.25mm typical with CO2 lasers.
- Low maintenance: Compared to other types of lasers, fiber lasers require minimal maintenance because they have fewer moving parts and do not require a lot of cooling. This means we can pass the savings on to customers.
- Lower operating costs: Fiber lasers use less power than other types of lasers, which results in lower operating costs vital considering the current cost of energy.
- Versatility: Fiber lasers can cut a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics, and even some ceramics. Please note though GF Laser only offer laser cutting of steels.
- Flexibility: Fiber lasers can be easily integrated into automated systems, allowing for more efficient and precise cutting.
- Environmentally Friendly: Fiber lasers produce less waste and use less energy than other types of lasers, making them a more environmentally friendly option.
GF Laser operate three Fiber laser cutting machines as well as two CO2 lasers, over the next few years we expect to replace our CO2 lasers with Fiber machines. For a free quotation please contact us today by phone 01384 245095, by email email@example.com or with our Contact Form.